Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Scarfed With Light

Photography: Blake Campbell
Makeup: Chelsie Trumphour
Model: Ashley Summerfield

Ok this is just too good to keep to myself. One the same day we posted Walk in the Light
this picture was released. I honestly wasn't expecting it for weeks, as it was only taken three days ago. I cannot even tell you the emails and Facebooks that have come our way over this talk of walking in the light. I cannot encourage you enough to get with a close friend and talk through your struggles. What are some things you can do to let your life light up? What friends do you need to talk to? What accountability do you have in place? I remind you of the words form Matthew 5.

Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message)
14-16"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

Girls, God loves us way too much to get caught in the dark. Get a bright scarf for you and a friend and talk about the tough stuff. Remember that darkness does not define the light, but light certainly defines the darkness. Go light up...bright scarf and all.
Enjoy the video below to Christy Nockles song Life Light Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment